Wednesday 8 February 2012

Pork bowl

There are many kinds of "Donburi"(Bowl) in Japan.  The most famous one is, I think, "Gyudon"(Beef bowl).  It is also easy to make at home especially when you have a busy day.

I worked all day from the morning until evening the other day and when I got home, I had no idea what to cook for dinner.  Kids were hungry like wolves so I had to cook something very quick.

This is what I made.  I opened my fridge and found lettuce and french beans.  I have always frozen meats for emergency in my freezer so I defrost pork and made this "pork donburi".

Cut into small pieces pork and stir with chopped garlic, ginger, miso, mirin and soy sauce.  Place lettuce, boiled french beans on rice and place pork on the vegetables.  Sprinkle spring onions.

Itadakimasu! (Let's eat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment