Monday 13 February 2012

Burrata

 I love all kind of cheese, but one of my favourite cheese is Burrata.  Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese made from Mozzarella and cream.  The most important about this cheese is freshness so it is quite difficult to find or buy this cheese in Singapore.

Finally, I found it!!  I went to an Italian restaurant the other day with my clients.  They are Japanese and they requested to have a nice Italian lunch.  It was a bit risky for me to choose this restaurant as I've never been there, but it is close to our office so I took them.

When I looked at the menu, it made me so excited because there is Burrata!  I immediately asked a waiter that is it real Burrata from Italy?  He said yes.  I convinced my clients to have it as they wanted to have just a pasta meal.  It was a huge Burrata and delicious!  After the meal, the chef came to our table said "I felt very happy that you ordered our Burrata.  During lunch time, not so many people ordered Burrata so I came out of kitchen to say hello to you."
Surprisingly, the chef is Japanese!  He studied in Italy and told me that his friend is sending him that Burrata from Italy.



Few days later, I could still think of Burrata I had in the restaurant.  I told my family and they said they wanted to try the restaurant.  OK:)  Then we went there again last weekend evening.

We sat outdoor so we could see Marina Bay Sands light up and of course we had Burrata again!
Pizza was great and we had a bottle of white wine "Cloudy Bay".  Food was delicious, only one thing they can improve is service, I guess.

If you can get Burrata in your country, you should try.  If not, find a nice restaurant serving Burrata.
It is not to be missed!



Enoteca L'Operetta
78 Boat Quay
TEL: 64382482

No comments:

Post a Comment