Saturday 18 February 2012

Catering

I got an order of catering Sushi yesterday for a 50 people's party.  They will prepare some western finger food, but there are no Japanese food so they ordered.

I made Inarizushi, 2 kinds of maki sushi and Yuzukosho prawns.

Inarizushi is very popular in Japan and you can put just plain sushi rice in Tofu skin.  However, I wanted to make a little bit different so I made Chirashizushi rice and put it in Tofu skin.  It has carrots, lotus roots, shiitake mushrooms.  




I made sushi included Tuna soboro and cucumber and dashimakitamago(Egg omelette), the other one is cucumber and denbu(pink flaked cod fish).



Finally, I made Yuzukosho prawns.  Yuzukosho is a paste made from chill peppers, yuzu(citrus) peel and salt which is then allowed to ferment.  It is very spicy so you can use a very small amount for your cooking.  I pasted a tiny bit of Yuzukosho on prawns so that you can taste a bit spicy, but not too much and very Japanese flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment