Sunday 11 November 2012

Thai Red Curry

We had guests on Saturday night and I cooked so many kind of dishes.  Liver Pate, Prawn and Carrots, leek, celery salad, Salted pork with miso and vinegar as appetiser.  Then pork fillet and Parmesan cheese as main with brown rice and pumpkin and spinach salad.  Desert was berries mix with balsamic with vanilla ice cream.

But, I was very busy and my husband was busy with guests so totally forgot to take photos:(

Anyway, I will make them again so I will take a photo next time.

So I was quite tired yesterday after entertaining guests until 1am.  (Of course, lots of wines, whisky etc).  My daughter said "Let's order Pizza for dinner", but I really don't like to order pizza.  Maybe in US, it has a better pizza, but I don't like to order pizza here and always regret after I ordered.  To order Pizza is only for emergency for me such as lots of my daughter's friends are coming or I am completely exhausted to cook or no ingredients in the fridge.

Then I cooked Thai Red Curry.  This looks complicated, but takes only 15 minutes!
You just buy Thai Red Curry Paste.  You only need for 2tsp of this so you can keep it in the fridge and make it again and again.

1. 2tsp red curry paste into the pan.  Pour 2 cans coconut milk and melt paste.
2. Bring to boil then add frozen shrimp.
3. Add 2 tsp fish sauce.
4. Add Basil leaves (better to tear by hands then it's more fragrance).
5. Serve with brown rice or white rice.
(I served half brown half white).




No comments:

Post a Comment