Wednesday 30 May 2012

Monte Antico 2007

This is the wine I have been looking for ages!  I found it yesterday at Italian food fair.  I had this wine first time at one of my favorite Italian restaurant in Tokyo.

It is very strange that since I moved to Singapore, I drink more white wine because of the weather.  I used to drink more red in Tokyo especially from Autumn to Winter.

When I had this wine last night, I went back to the restaurant in my mind immediately.  It is very easy to get Australia, New Zealand wines and they are fantastic here in Singapore!  But I missed this red and felt very nostalgic.

I should have cooked Italian dinner, but my menu was already decided then I found this bottle so I cooked Japanese food as I planned.  Still very matching:)



Chicken and eggs with garlic, leek, ginger



Japanese mustard spinach(Komatsuna) and Aburaage(Deep fried tofu)



Lotus roots tempura


Daikon(Japanese Radish) asazuke


No comments:

Post a Comment