Sunday 18 March 2012

Lamb Chops

Some people don't like lamb as it is not so common meat in Japan.  I hadn't had lamb until I was 20.  First time I had lamb was in England.  It was so tender and delicious.  Since then I often ordered lamb chop in a restaurant.  When I went to Sydney long time ago, my friend invited to BBQ at her garden.  There were lots of lamb chops and I tried to get some then my friend said " Do not take lamb, it's too cheap.  Eat chicken, it's nice".  For me, chicken is so common and I love lamb so I explained to her how precious lamb is.  Lamb is very expensive in Singapore as well, but sometimes I really want to eat lamb.  My family also love my lamb chops so I made it the other day.

It is very simple.  Just salt and pepper then put grated garlic.  Put rosemary and bake in the oven.  I think most important thing is the temperature and time to bake.  It depends on your oven but if you bake 2 or 3 times, you know the exact time and temperature.  I haven't done so many times and figured it out that 220 degrees for 13 minutes.  When I was living in Japan, 220 degrees to preheat and 200 degrees to bake for 12 minutes because the oven was smaller than one I have now.



I made octopus and cucumber salad.


My kids like baked potatoes, but my husband try to avoid potatoes as he is concerned about his weight so I made Juhakkokumai which means 18 kinds of cereal rice mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment