Tuesday 20 March 2012

Gratin

Gratin is originally from France, but in Japan it is a very popular dish.  There are many kind of gratins, seafood, potatoes, vegetables etc.

I started to make this gratin for my daughter when she was 3 years old.  She loves it and still asking me to make whenever I ask her what she wants to eat for dinner.

1. Put butter in a pan and add chopped onions
2. When onions are soft, add flour little by little
3. Add milk very slowly and mix well without making small flour bubbles
4. Add cleaned prawns and a bouillon cube(I always use vegetable cube as its flavor is not strong)
5. Boil macaroni or elbow pasta(Better to boil 1 minute more than the time on the package then the pasta is soft enough to absorb the white sauce
6. Add pasta into white sauce and mix gently
7. Put on a gratin plate and grate parmesan cheese on top
8. Bake in oven until cheese gets golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment