Tuesday 27 September 2011

Takoyaki(Octopus Balls)

Takoyaki is originated in Osaka and you can even make Takoyaki at home if you can get a cast iron or an electric takoyaki pan.  I had never made Takoyaki before at home as my parents are from Tokyo as well as myself.  One day my daughter had a play date with her friend whose mother is from Osaka.  We had Takoyaki party and it was a big success.  Kids really enjoyed it so I learned from the mother how to make it.

It's simple and tasty.  Mix flour, egg, and dashi soup.  Pour batter into the pan and add octopus(cut small pieces), some spring onions, tenkasu(deep fried small balls).  When you eat it, put Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese worcestershire sauce) or Okonomi sauce and mayonnaise and blue seaweed(Aonori) on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment