Wednesday 4 May 2011

Omotenashi by non Japanese Food

Omotenashi means "inviting guests and entertain for food and drink, like a party" in Japanese.  We love having guests at our home and spending a great time with family and friends.  Most of you probably think to do Omotenashi is a bit too much trouble and too hassle because you have to do cleaning house, go shopping, deciding menu, thinking that which wine or drink should go with the food etc.  I also felt so in the beginning, but after you do Omotenashi few times, you will enjoy it. 

I like to decide menu and cook the most.  (I don't say cleaning:))

When we invite friends or people from my husband's company and if there are no Japanese and if they like Japanese Food, I always make Sushi for the party.  I will write about this for my next blog.

Recently, we invited a couple who are good friends of ours.  A gentleman is from Germany and his wife is Japanese.  They both love wine so I even set the table like this.



The menu on this day was "white fish (flounder, sea bream) Carpaccio with Orange and Italian Parsley"
"Lamb chops with garlic and rosemary" "Baked potatoes" and "Vanilla Ice cream with 15 years vintage balsamico with double espresso"  Unfortunately, I forgot to take those pictures.  Next time, I will up here.

2 comments:

  1. very elegant the table setting, I would love to be the next guest for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Come learn at Himonya Cooking about the table setting as well.

    ReplyDelete